What are we looking for?
A Dynamic and Energetic Sales Representative.
Where are we located?
What kind of job is this?
Fulltime, with a combination of base salary and commission
Who would you report to?
You’ll report to James, one of our co-owners – who has spent 17 years selling and marketing in this exciting industry!
Who are we?
Remember the cartoon The Jetsons, as a kid? Or, how about the movie, Iron Man? Both of these shows have a key commonality: they showcased really progressive homes that were souped up with the kind of technology that would blow your mind if that technology actually existed in real life.
Well, what was only sci-fi in those shows is rapidly becoming real life today. Consumer technology and smart-home systems are evolving at a rapid pace, which means homes being built or renovated today and in the coming years are going to look more and more like those homes in the movies.
This is what inspired us when we started building our company back in 2003. Over the last 17 years, we’ve built our company on a simple mission: your home should be the place you’re most comfortable. Your home should give you integrated entertainment, comfort, and peace of mind.
We’re fiercely proud of our reputation and the client base that we have built up in the Vancouver market. We’re looking for someone who is equally proud of their own reputation and work ethic, and who gets a rush out of working with like-minded individuals like us to create new client relationships, and design and sell projects that will give our clients the homes of their dreams.
What would your job look like?
Let’s answer that by starting with a real high-level look at this role: we’re counting on you to be integral to executing our company’s business development strategy. We have a solid understanding of what our overall sales strategy needs to be, and we also have clear processes and software in place to execute this strategy. We are excited to expand our team so that we can bring these strategies and ideas to their full potential!
Which is where you come in. At a high level, your role would focus upon:
- validating our current business development plan and modifying it where needed
- collaborating with James to set annual and quarterly goals
- spending each week actually executing the plan to meet those annual and quarterly goals.
We currently have a good mix of revenue coming in from existing clients and from new clients. We’re looking for someone who is a hybrid between hunter and farmer with a little extra emphasis on the hunter. As such, you would give our existing clients a lot of attention and would expand our business with many of them, while spending more of your time on activities designed to identify and bring in new clients.
With this in mind, your typical week would look something like this:
- you’re the first point of contact for any new prospective clients
- you’re regularly checking in on our existing clients and looking for opportunities to expand our business with them
- you’ll help clients bring clarity and organization to their dreams by collaborating with our Design Team to create proposals built around those dreams
- you’ll manage the entire process of managing a client through the sales and project pipeline, successfully handing them off to our Service Team at the end of that pipeline
- you’ll spend time looking for creative ways to expand your and our company’s network within the Metro Vancouver market - establishing and deepening relationships with builders, interior designers, architects and other members of the general home industry within our metro area.
What should you bring to the table?
- 3-5 years of experience of sales and client management experience. Bonus points if your experience is in one of the following fields:
o Construction, Design or Architectural industry
o Home Automation, Audio/Video or Integration systems
o Luxury products or services
- A degree is a nice bonus, but not required if you can show that you more than make up for it with street smarts and real-world experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a sales funnel process to get to a “yes”
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC, Windows, Excel, Outlook, sales software, and typing skills
- An ability to take ownership of our entire business development strategy by balancing the ability to think strategically against the need to also execute tactically
- A willingness to take on as your own, the company’s core values, purpose, cause and passion
- A positive attitude, ability to excel under pressure, and a willingness to hold yourself accountable
- A natural passion for developing professional relationships within the design/build community and with potential/existing clients
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
What do we bring to the table?
- Base salary (range: $50-60K)
- Commission structure based on percentage of revenue
- Health and Dental benefits
- Company support for product and industry training.
PLEASE SEND RESUMES and COVER LETTER TO: